Szekler Border Guard Memorial Center
Exhibition / Landmark / Museum
Strada Mihăileni/Szentmihályi út 18, Frumoasa/Csíkszépvíz 537115, Romania
The Szekler Border Guard Memorial Center presents the history of the Szekler military organization and border defense in the Eastern Carpathians, starting from the Árpád-era up until the Second World War.
The Szekler Border Guard Memorial Center, created by the Frumoasa Association, is a niche and unique tourist destination in Szeklerland, and, through presenting all the damages and the suffering war causes, also contributes to the strengthening of the modern European pacifism.
Besides the richness of reconstructed scenes with mannequins, an array of modern technical equipment also helps the visitors learn about a thousand years of history.
- Adult: 25 lej
- Retired: 15 lej
- Students: 10 lej (one must present a valid ID)
- Family Pack: 45 lej
- Groups (more than 20 people): 10 lej (per person)
- Residents of the civil parish of Frumoasa: 5 lej
- Museum Education Activities: 25 lej (Reservations are needed. At least 15, at most 30 people can attend at one time.)
Free admission for children under the age of 6, museum workers, journalists, teachers leading a group, tourist guides.
Photography, audio recording and video recording is strictly prohibited!
- Tuesday – Sunday 10.00-17.00
- Closed on Mondays.