Unitarian church, Inlăceni/Énlaka


Address

Inlăceni/Énlaka, Romania

About

On a hill to the village Inlăceni/Énlaka be seen a fortified church dating from the fifteenth century. When lifting the first church on this surface, were used materials from Roman houses. In the bottom of the triumphal arch you can see a piece of a votive altar with the inscription.

In the second part of the XVth century the old church it was rebuilt, but in 1661 has been on fire by the Turks. In rebuilding the collapsed canopy was fitted cassette, made by carpenter András Szász and painted by György Dako Muzsnai in1668. The most valuable is a Unitarian slogan "One God" with character Hun-Scythian. At the current reformed the believers of the village went to the Unitarian religion. From medieval church was preserved a door frame, the monstrance niche and in the southeast wall a window of stone lattice.

In 1743 was built the stone wall around the church, there are only two entries. One next is to the tower, other on the north part, made in 1745 and 1753. The 31 m high tower, which houses two bells, was built between 1830-1833, replacing wooden steeple.
The small bell was cast in 1797 and the higher in 1925. Under the tower is an input, which continues on a covered corridor up at the church entrance. The sanctuary is polygonal and has 5 abutments. Inside the church, at the meeting ship with sanctuary is a thick triumphal arch. That is housed in the pulpit and the pulpit crown. The inscribed Lord's table was made in 1759, the pulpit crown in 1758, and the organ in 1848.

Photo: Mihálydeák Antal

Location

  • Inlăceni

Similar Suggestions

St. Peter and Paul Parish Church

Church

The Millennium church at Miercurea Ciuc

Church / Architectural Objective

Sacred Heart of Jesus Church

Church

The Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk

Church

Franciscan Church of Şumuleu Ciuc

Church